Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Michael Pollen


     I have been thinking about food a lot lately, who am I kidding, I am always thinking about food.  However, I have been reading and re-reading Michael Pollen books hoping everything will sink in.  Awhile ago my children and I watched Food, Inc and I was so proud of my son when he decided to give up fast food.  When I grew up, I don't think my parents really thought about where our food was coming from.  I know my children have better eating habits then I did when I was a child, I actually think they have better eating habits then I do know. So I am going to try and spend this spring and summer focusing on some of Michael Pollen's food rules and buying as much food as we can at the local farmer's market and farms.

My Focus
1.  Eat food, not to much, mostly plants. 
 2.  Don't eat anything with more then five ingredients, especially ingredients you can't pronounce.
 3.  Stay out of the middle of the supermarket, sick to the perimeter because that tends to be where the real food is located.
 4.  "Always leave the table a little hungry", this one seems hard but I will try.

By the way aren't the illustrations from Michael Pollen's new book beautiful and what a great way to give children an understanding about food.
All the pictures via Michael Pollen

No comments:

Post a Comment