Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Cookie Love

Barefoot Contessa's Chocolate Chunk Cookies




recipe from For Me, For You


We love, I repeat, LOVE chocolate chip cookies in this house. I usually make Barefoot Contessa's Chocolate Chunk Cookies and get rave reviews, (I actually sold quite a few of these when I owned a specialty food store). We all know Ina can do no wrong, but I decided to break what is probably a 9 year tradition and try a new chocolate chip cookie.


I followed the recipe exactly, I even let the dough rest about 40 hours. The outcome, these cookies where really good and totally different then Ina's. Both cookies have a sweet and salty taste which I love, but they both have completely different textures. These cookies are thicker, more doughier then The Barefoot Contessa Cookies. I actually think this recipe would be great for a large cookie cake or cookie bars.


So after polling a few of my favorite people, Barefoot Contessa's cookies were the favorite among family and this recipe was preferred among my friends, hmmm..... Maybe there is a cooking tasting party in my future???

No comments:

Post a Comment