Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Fun and Tasty

I had such a great 4th of July weekend. It is was nice just spending time relaxing, swimming, enjoying the weather and most importantly just being with friends and family. I was in charge of desserts this year and I wanted to make something festive. I usually make the typical flag cake with strawberries and blueberries so I wanted to try something different.

This flag cake came out pretty tasty and at least it looked like a flag when we cut into it but I mixed up the red and white layers. Any good patriotic American knows the red stripes should be on the bottom. I accidentally made three white layers and two red so I didn't have a choice but to switch them but at least it looks like a flag.
These S'mores bars were the hit of the party. I made these with chocolate chips instead of Hershey bars because I didn't have any when I decided to make these. If you like them really sweet then Hershey bars would be better but I really liked them with semi-sweet chocolate chips. Either way eating these makes you feel like a kid again.


















No comments:

Post a Comment