Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Gratitude




I was talking to a dear friend last night, over a few too many glasses of wine, and I was again reminded how blessed I am. First of all, I am just blessed to have such good friends. The kind of friends that even if you haven't talked to them in a while when you do finally catch up it's like putting on an old comfortable bathrobe.

I was reminded again that we all have struggles. You never really know what other people are going through but you remember no one's life is easy. As woman, we are constantly faced with difficult decisions. Our lives seem to consist of trying to make sure we are the best parents we can be while dealing with economic struggles and relationship problems that seem to come to all of us as we try maintaining a career, children, a home, a relationship and the perceived perception of the perfect suburbia life. Life can be so hard and it can definitely deal all of us some pretty dreadful blows but I am grateful I have my family and friends to take this journey with me. I hope I can bring some sort of comfort to my friends faced with life changing struggles as we try to navigate through these years, by far the toughest years of my life.

Today, I am grateful for my support system.

No comments:

Post a Comment