Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Around Here Lately

Missing all the family time we had over the holidays, especially my nephew.  It has been so rough getting back to our normal routine, we are really struggling this week. 

 
Missing having a fresh tree with lights in the house. 
 

We made Ina Garten's Sunday Rib Roast for Christmas dinner and it was seriously the best prime rib I have ever had.  The rib bone is on there but what I did was have the butcher cut the rib bone off but then put it back together with twine, so you get all the flavor but it is way easier to cut and serve.  The weird thing is you really only add salt and pepper.  I had to hold myself back from adding more seasoning or something because it looked so bland. However, I did add enough salt to create a salt crust.  I think that helps keep the meat moist.  Honestly, I could eat this every Sunday and I know 3 teenage boys who wish we could eat this every Sunday. 



Back to work.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment