Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

When Do We Know Ourselves?

via
 
Have you seen this note a boy wrote in response to a girl who asked him if he liked her?  What a mature and well thought out response. I wish I knew myself at 18, hell I wish I knew myself now.  I feel like I am constantly changing.  We all are because life is constantly changing.  We never seem to really become the people we thought we were going to become.  Instead our taste change, our desires and goals change, our families who surround us change, even our interest change.  What I do know as is that time is valuable.  We should use our time not only taking care of our necessary responsibilities but spend it with the people we love doing the things we really enjoy doing.  As I have gotten older I have learned to say no to things I don't enjoy, which is so to do hard at 18.  I have learned to accept that things don't always go your way.  Life can be hard and test you in ways you never dreamed possible but it teaches you to "just keep going".  I have learned to look at my life with such gratitude. I see all my blessing and I am so thankful for them.  Getting to know yourself is a hard lifelong process because we always changing.  However, as we get older we learn to decipher through all the bullshit a lot quicker, thank goodness!   
 
Have a great weekend!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment