Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Lazy Days of Summer

When I watch my boys this summer staying up late and sleeping in all morning, I am instantly reminded of my lazy summer days. I loved that feeling of not having a schedule or any plans, just the freedom to wake up and do whatever you want, whenever you want.

This summer, I am really enjoying my time with the boys, cuddling on the couch watching Food Network until late at night, thinking about visiting Food Trucks and Farmers Markets.

However, as a parent, I now live by schedules. I need them to function normally. I come home from work and I have no idea what kids will be at my house or how many. I don't even know which of my 3 children will be home. This makes meal planning very difficult. See my Mother is in charge and with Grandma anything goes.

What I miss most about our school year schedule is that time in the evening, after I put the boys to bed, that is "my time". Time to watch trashy shows, read or surf the Internet. That time is gone in the summer and I miss it. I suppose summer will be over before you know it and I will be back to the dreadful homework situation.




No comments:

Post a Comment