Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

New Start



     Have you ever just had one of those weeks from hell where everything that could go wrong does?  That is how I feel lately.  I clean the house and in one day the boys destroy it.  I signed my son up for the wrong lacrosse team and all during practice he was practically in tears because he is in fifth grade and is on the team with a bunch of "little fourth graders", now he wants to quit.  I forget to sign planners, test, permission slips, homework, etc...it doesn't make sense to me why parents now and days need to sign so much stuff?  I have more smelly laundry then an NFL team and I can't seem to find a clean pair of matching socks anywhere in this house.  On top of all of that I have been eating like crap and the more chaotic things become the worse my eating habits get, as a result I can feel my clothes getting tighter by the day. 
     I am swimming upstream against an extremely strong current.  I need to stop.  I need to go with the current.  I need to find a way to live a calmer more organized life.  I need to start living the life I imagine for myself.  It doesn't need to be perfectly organized nor does everyone need to be perfectly content and I don't even need to get that promotion I so desperately want, I just need less crazy.

So I have been thinking about how I can make a few small changes to start to get the life I imagine for myself?
  • Take a walk everyday, a long walk or a short walk, just walk.
  • Eat healthier.
  • Meditate once a week.
  • Go to bed earlier so I can wake up earlier and not be so rushed in the mornings.
  • Read.
via

No comments:

Post a Comment