Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Best Chocolate Cake

This chocolate cake is not only my favorite cake it is extremely easy to make.  The batter is pretty thin and liquidity which makes the cake very moist and airy.  Also, the cake isn't to sweet or to rich.  I get request for this cake all the time from family, friends and even neighbors.


Chocolate Cake

2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
1 cup hot coffee
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Mix all together and beat 2 min. Butter pans, I use two 9 inch pans.  Bake at 350 for 25-30 min. 

Frosting:

3/4 cup cocoa
4 cups confectioners sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 stick butter

Mix cocoa, sugar. Cream part of mix with 1/3 to 1/2 of butter. Blend in vanilla and 1/2 milk. Add rest of sugar mix and blend well. Add more milk as needed.
I always for get to take pictures as I am making the cake hopefully I will get better at this soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment