Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Brene Brown- Aha Moment


Brene Brown quote

I listen to Brene Brown all the time on YouTube and when I listen to her lectures today I had this moment where I just got things.  Things I'm doing wrong, things that cause me sadness.  I had a moment where I realized I am so afraid of being vulnerable, or being perceived as weak. 
I judge others for what I believe to be right and wrong, but there is no right or wrong.  Humans don't operate in a world of black and white, especially me.  We operate in a world of grey.  Just because someone reacts differently to a situation or loss then I do, it doesn't make me right or better, just different.

I have a tendency to be most critical of myself.  Who and what I should be, how I should act, how I should look, how intelligent I should be, etc.   None of that matters, what matters is who I really am and accepting myself and others, imperfection and all.  I need to not be afraid to let others see the real me.  I need to embrace my vulnerability and stop being afraid of living, failure is inevitable, embrace it and move on.

I'm really excited about Oprah's Life Class with Brene Brown.  I have so much to learn.  You can sign up and follow along with worksheets. 


Vulnerability sounds like truth and feels like courage. Truth and courage aren’t always comfortable, but they’re never weakness. -Brené Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment