Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Clean Eating

In an effort to be healthier and to raise my children with healthier eating habits, I have been trying to figure out exactly what clean eating is. 

"The soul of clean eating is consuming food in its most natural state, or as close to it as possible. It is not a diet; it’s a lifestyle approach to food and its preparation, leading to an improved life – one meal at a time."    cleaneatingmag.com

I think preparation is the key and learning to adjust your taste buds from the love of salty and sugary foods to fresh fruits and vegetables.  I am just begining to research clean eating and I realize it is going to be a really slow process to convert from my current eating habits (hello bread, wine and cheese) to the rules of clean eating. I think my approach will be one meal at a time, like starting with breakfast and moving on to make sure I pack my lunch everyday instead of buying out.  Then I can find a few weeknight dinners that will work for the kids and I on a regular basis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment