Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

Sunday Sauce- Tomato sauce with Onion and Butter

I love making this sauce from Smitten Kitchen on Sunday's because I never really know when the kids will be home.  It's easy to make but it taste so decadent.  It has so much flavor given the fact the ingredients are so simple, canned tomatoes (preferably San Marzano), butter and onion, that's it.  Basically, you simmer this for about 45 minutes, discard the onions and mash the tomatoes up.   I use my Smart Stick to make the sauce very smooth.  This would even be great served almost like a soup with a grilled cheese.  You don't really need Parmesan cheese but it does make a nice extra.  If you are like my kids you skip the Parmesan and throw on a dollop of Chevre.  We have been trying to cut back on our meat consumption and this recipe has become a regular fixture in our home. 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment