Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

S'mores Cake


First off, I apologize for the horrible quality of these pictures. I would blame my phone but we all know the iPhone can take pretty great pictures if the user knows what she is doing. 
My family decided at the last minute to get together for Memorial Day, which was a nice surprise except that I was put in charge of dessert, since it was last minute I decided to use what I had on hand.  I made this chocolate cake using my favorite chocolate cake recipe, and added marshmallow fluff in between the two layers.  For the frosting I used this S’mores frosting from Betty Crocker just to keep it simple. 
The cake came out pretty good however next time I better keep it in the refrigerator.  The marshmallow fluff kind of began to melt and ooze out of the cake, which wasn’t pretty, but it still tasted delicious. 






No comments:

Post a Comment