Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Vermont Cheddar Cheese Soup and Beer Bread, YUM!


It is very cold this time of year in Western New York and when I read this recipe for Vermont Cheddar Cheese Soup and Beer Bread at Alexandra's Kitchen I knew it would perfect for a cold Sunday evening. I love spending my Sunday's trying out a new recipe and enlisting my oldest son's help in the kitchen. We love to cook together which just makes cooking that much more enjoyable.

Click on the link to find the recipes.
The beer bread was extremely easy to make and it came out great. It is definitely best served warm with melted butter poured over it. I even dipped my bread into the extra melted butter, so good! I am going to keep this recipe handy because it is quick, delicious and I always have the ingredients in the pantry.


The soup was also easy to prepare and definitely worth all that chopping. It is wasn't too thick or heavy which I actually liked and the flavors all blend nicely. Next time I think I may throw some fresh seafood in the soup.

I made a few changes. I used the same beer for both the soup and bread, a Copper Ale and I did not make homemade chicken stock, which probably would have made the soup even better, maybe next time.
Serve this with a nice winter salad and you have a great meal for entertaining or a quite evening at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment