Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

My Birthday Dinner

I love trying new restaurants throughout Western New York and for my Birthday my Sweetheart took me to Black and Blue on Sheridan Ave in Buffalo, well I think its more like in Williamsville, NY.

We started with a Lobster and Crab Cheese Fondue appetizer and it was good, not incredible but good. It was very rich so a little goes a long way but the pita's were a perfect match. Next time I think I will try the crab cakes or something from the raw bar.

Here is the description of the Fondue

"crab & lobster fondue sweet crab & Maine lobster baked in a parmigiano-reggiano sauce with caramelized leeks and buttered breadcrumbs, served with crispy pita chips and a mascarpone popover" oh yeah the popover was tasty.

For dinner I had the Filet with blue crab meat on top. It was excellent. The steak was done perfectly medium rare and the crab meat added just the right touch extra vavoom. The steaks come with a house rub that did add a nice complimentary flavor to the meat.

All steaks and chops come with your choice of a side and one of their house-made sauces:red wine demi glace, horseradish crème, Gorgonzola cream, b& b steak sauce, béarnaise, or black truffle butter.
We choose the bearnaise and the gorgonzola cream. The bearnaise was the better choice. They also had a ton of sides to pick from but I would not recommend the cheddar cheese fries. Its like popcorn seasoning sprinkled quite heavenly on the fries. Next time I will try the shoestring fries or mash potatoes.

I have a terrible sweet tooth and it was my birthday so I had to have dessert. I have tried many lave like chocolate cakes and I have made quite a few too and this is definitely one of the best I have ever had, if not the best. Warm and gooey on the inside and perfectly dense on the outside with vanilla bean ice cream, yummy!





No comments:

Post a Comment