Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Homemade Granola!


I found this recipe on the blog Sunday Suppers and knew I had to try it. I really love granola but sometimes the store bought granola taste like it has a funny coating on it. Making it yourself at home is easy and it gives the granola a fresh taste. This recipe was perfect, not to sweet but definitely had a good flavor. I added dried cranberries and my kids added chocolate chips, both went nicely with the granola. This granola must be really tasty because after giving some of the granola to my coworkers they keep harassing me for more, so I promptly gave them the recipe to make their own.


Here is the recipe: Simple but good

Homemade Granola Serves 4-6

4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats

1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts

1 cup coarsely chopped almonds

3/4 cup honey

8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter

Directions

Heat oven to 320 degrees.Place the butter and honey in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until the butter is melted. Place the oats and nuts in a large bowl, pour over 1/2 the butter mixture and toss well to combine. Spread evenly over the base of a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Stir, pour the remaining half of your butter mixture over the granola and bake for a further 5−10 minutes or until crisp and golden. Allow to cool and stir through additional items like raisins cranberries, pumpkin seeds or pistachios. Store in an airtight container

No comments:

Post a Comment