Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Homade Oreos


I made these bad boys yesterday and damn they were good.  I wanted to make homemade Oreos for a long time now and I finally got around to it.  My son was having his girlfriend over for the first time, yikes, to watch a movie, The Hunger Games, and since I was banded for the TV room I thought I better busy myself in the kitchen.  This way I could still keep an eye on them as I bake. 
I followed this recipe from Smitten Kitchen, who just so happens to have a new cookbook.  The recipe is easy to follow and the cookies not too make or to put together difficult.  The only thing I did is add a little more powdered sugar to the cream filling to make it a little sweeter.  If it is too thick you can add a little more butter.  When you make the cream filling just taste it until you get the sweetness and consistency you like.  So far eveyone who has tasted them has loved them and I tpotally have to agree these are really good cookies, too bad I didn't have time for a few more batches.  These are definitely going on my Christmas cookie list. They make great gifts.


No comments:

Post a Comment