Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Homecoming and Goings

My oldest son, 14, had his first homecoming this weekend and it was bittersweet. I am so proud of the man he is becoming. Not only is he incredibly wise and responsible, he is extremely kind and caring.
However, something is happening, something is different ever since he started high school this Fall. It is like I can feel him maturing exponentially. I am beginning to realize that my time living under the same roof as my son is limited.
As much as I love watching who he is becoming, I really miss that sweet little boy who loved to sing and dance around the house. The little boy that would crawl into bed with us and talk nonstop.
It is amazing how quickly children grow and change. I need to make sure I am present and that I appreciate every moment of the next four years.

No comments:

Post a Comment